Web Schedules give you the ability to easily schedule a recurring task to execute (run), on a daily, weekly or monthly schedule, a local script or web page. Using the Crontabs, to use a *nix term, you can specify exact times you would like the script to be run.
To Enable a Web Schedule:
- Login to your 'Account Center'
- Click the green 'Control Panel' button
- Click on hosting plan
- Click 'Scheduled Tasks'
- Click 'Add Scheduled Task'
- Enter a Name for Task
- Choose a Task Option
- 'Check Website Availability'
- 'Backup Database'
- Select Time, Priority, Execution
- Click 'Save'
- We are suggesting that all users use this new feature instead of requesting a Windows scheduled task, Cold Fusion scheduled task or a MS SQL 2000/2005 Job.
- Your initial start time should be more than 15 minutes in the future.
- Do not schedule a task to launch more than 1x per 15 minutes. Violators will be asked to remove their task.
- See the on-screen Quick Help Feature for advanced setup parameters. There are many otpions you can set.
- Web Schedules cannot execute (run) a script that is password protected.
- Scirpts to be executed should be local scripts.