Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync (previously known as EPhost Push Email) gives you two-way over-the-air synchronization between your EPhost Webmail account and your mobile devices for email, calendars and contacts. Enjoy Microsoft Exchange-like features at a fraction of the price. Compatible devices include the iPad, iPhone, Windows Mobile, Droid and Blackberry phones.* Unlike the other synchronization methods, Microsoft ActiveSync uses direct push technology to sync email, calendars, and contacts to your EPhost Webmail Account.
EPhost Push Email provides many benefits:
- Get 90% of the features of Microsoft Exchange at less than 20% of the price. Enjoy many of the same benefits of Microsoft Exchange without the additional overhead.
- Avoid SMTP sending issues regardless of what Internet provider you use. This method does not use POP3 or IMAP and directly routes mail, contacts and calendars to the EPhost mail server.
- Works across multiple mobile devices. Messages deleted/added/edited from one device will be automatically deleted/added/edited from the other mobile device. E.g. emailing yourself would move files from your iPhone to your iPad.
- In conjunction with IMAP and/or our MS Outlook synch tools you can enjoy end-to-end synchronization of all devices, webmail and your desktop computer.
- Your mail, contacts and calendars will always be available in your EPhost Webmail account regardless of where you are.
- In conjunction with the EPhost Remote POP Retrieval feature in your EPhost Webmail account, you can import mail from any POP account including Yahoo!, Google Mail and Hotmail directly to your webmail account which will then synchronize with your mobile devices.
- Easy setup – only 5 fields! Forget about dealing with complicated port numbers and SMTP servers.
- “Awaken” your iPhone and/or iPad with Contact Groups, Calendar Groups. Optionally enjoy complete separation between business and personal contacts and calendars.
- You can now view and reply to items in your sent items, junk emails and deleted items from your device. Any folder you create on your device or in webmail will be synchronized.
- EPhost Push Email can serve as an extra backup of your emails, contacts and calendar items in case your local computer crashes.
* Droid and Blackberry phones may require additional plug-ins for certain features.
Also See: Microsoft ActiveSynch (Push Email) KBs | Email Settings POP3 / IMAP | Check email online | Email Troubleshooting | Adding an email to your hosting account WINDOWS / LINUX
If you are still having issues, please contact us for further help.
1-877-EPHOST1 | email@example.com
ARTICLE FORMALLY KNOWN AS "What is EPhost Push Email?"