Network Upgrade Completed!
Posted by Joe Rebis (Import) on 31 October 2007 07:59 AM
We have seen some lingering issues and wanted to address them:|
1) If you are having trouble viewing your website or sending/receiving email please restart your computer which will clear your local DNS cache. It may be that your ISP also needs to update which will happen automatically in the next few hours. If you are still unable to see your website or get email, please call or send an email to email@example.com
2) If you are getting some mail returned from certain email providers (e.g. Comcast), it may be because of Reverse DNS. We are working to clear that issue shortly.
3) If you CAN view your website, but there is an error on your site, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Likely, your application is using the old IP address in the code and will need to be updated. Also see #6 below.
4) If you can no longer access your SQL DB or your FTP site from your local computer, be sure you are using the new IP addresses in the appropriate programs (e.g. Dreamweaver). Additionally, if #1 is true above, you will want to clear that issue before troubling this one. See New IP's: http://www.ephost.com/support/index.php?_m=news&_a=viewnews&newsid=46
5) If you are using a payment gateway such as AuthorizeNet and you are not able process payments, you may need to update your IP address in their system so it is allowed to send transactions.
6) If you are using ColdFusion DSN or ODBC DSN, and your website is not working, please make sure you have specified the internal IP address to the appropriate internal IP address in your DSN. You can update it via the control panel directly. See link above.
Our Support Staff is working hard to answer all tickets as quickly as possible.