This article is for those who would like to consolidate their email accounts to their Hosting Plan from our Enterprise Email Shared Services.
Get a list of your Current Enterprise Email Accounts
- First you will want to login to the Ephost Account Center https://www.ephost.com/account/
- Here you will see your Control Panel login for your hosting account and Shared Services.
- You will want to click the Shared Hosting Control Panel button and then hover over the mail icon and click Accounts. Here you will see your list of mail accounts. You will want to copy them down for the next step.
- Now that you have your list of email accounts written down, navigate in your browser back to the EPhost Account Center https://www.ephost.com/account/ and now you will want to click the Control Panel button for your Hosting Account and recreate your email accounts.
Plesk Control Panel (Windows Hosting)
- Once logged into your hosting account, click Mail on the left side Menu.
- Now you will want to click Create Email Address and fill out the form with the email information (name and password) and making sure to use the drop down if you have more than one domain.
- Once the form is complete click OK.
- Repeat until you have created all email accounts on your list.
- Click the i icon to the right of any email account for Connection Settings or the mail icon to login to WebMail.
cPanel Control Panel (Linux Hosting)
- Once logged into your hosting account, scroll down and click Email Accounts or search in the search bar.
- On the far right you will click the blue +Create button.
- Fill out the form with the email information (name and password) and making sure to use the drop down if you have more than one domain.
- Click the blue +Create button when form is complete.
- Click Check Email to right of the email account to login to WebMail.
- Click Connect Devices for Connection Settings.
Please Note: You will want to download all your email to your local PC using POP3 before proceeding to the next step. Use these how to steps in setting up Outlook 2013/2016 to create a POP3 account.
Once all your email accounts have been recreated in your new Hosting Account and you have downloaded your email to your local PC using POP3 you are ready to update your name servers.
Update NameServers for your Domain
You are now ready to move to the new email service, please login to your Domain Registrar and update your nameservers for your domain to point to the nameservers for your hosting account.
You will want to synchronize the DNS records from the Shared Services Account control panel to the new one in the new hosting panel (Plesk or CPanel) to make sure you do not break anything during the move.
EPhost Linux (cPanel) or Windows (Plesk) Plans NameServers
Name Servers are specific to the shared server you are using. Please see your account Welcome Email for details or contact support if you no longer have a copy of it.
Nameserver 1 : NS1.SERVER-ID.EPHOST.COM
Nameserver 2 : NS2.SERVER-ID.EPHOST.COM
* Replace "SERVER-ID" with the ID of the server you are using. e.g. 163, 164, 167, 168, 169
If you are unsure which nameservers you need to use, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will let you know which nameservers to update your domain to use.