DNN is a web content management system based on Microsoft .NET. The DNN Platform Edition is open source. DNN is written in C#, though it existed for many years as a VB.NET project.
Steps to find your MS SQL password for your DotNetNuke (DNN) installation:
- Click on Domains >> Click on the domain.
- Click on "File Manager"
- Click the "WWWROOT" folder in the list
- Look for a file called "web.config", click on the Notepad ICON, it will open a window with the file contents
- Highlight all the text then 'Right-Click' (mouse), choose "COPY" all of the text in the file content window (alternatively you may 'Right-Click on the file name and choose "Save Link as...")
- Paste into "Notepad" or "MS Word" on your local computer and set your cursor at the top of the page
- In "Notepad" or "MS Word" click on Edit, then Find
- Type "pwd" without the quote signs, Click "Find Next"
- Your password will appear after the equal sign
- If you look to the left on that same line you will also find the DB name, location and username
If you are still having issues, please contact us for further help.
1-877-EPHOST1 | firstname.lastname@example.org