DNN is a web content management system based on Microsoft .NET. The DNN Platform Edition is open source. DNN is written in C#, though it existed for many years as a VB.NET project.
Steps to find your MS SQL password for your DotNetNuke (DNN) installation:
- Click on Domains >> Click on the domain.
- Click on "File Manager"
- Click the "WWWROOT" folder in the list
- Look for a file called "web.config", click on the Notepad ICON, it will open a window with the file contents
- Highlight all the text then 'Right-Click' (mouse), choose "COPY" all of the text in the file content window (alternatively you may 'Right-Click on the file name and choose "Save Link as...")
- Paste into "Notepad" or "MS Word" on your local computer and set your cursor at the top of the page
- In "Notepad" or "MS Word" click on Edit, then Find
- Type "pwd" without the quote signs, Click "Find Next"
- Your password will appear after the equal sign
- If you look to the left on that same line you will also find the DB name, location and username
Also See: DotNetNuke KB's | Domain KB's | Email Settings POP3 / IMAP | Check email online | Email Troubleshooting | Adding an email to your hosting account WINDOWS / LINUX
If you are still having issues, please contact us for further help.
1-877-EPHOST1 | firstname.lastname@example.org