How to find your MS SQL User/Pass for your DNN installation.
Posted by Joe Rebis (Import) on 30 March 2007 07:11 PM
Steps to find your MS SQL password for your DoteNetNuke (DNN) installation:
- Login to the Control Panel.
- Click on Domains >> Click on the domain.
- Click on "File Manager"
- Click the "WWWROOT" folder in the list.
- Look for a file called "web.config" >> Click on it.
- Highlight all the text then "Right-Click" (mouse) >> "COPY" all of the text in the file content window.
- Paste into "Notepad" or "MS Word" on your local computer and set your cursor at the top of the page.
- In "Notepad" or "MS Word" click on Edit >> Find.
- Type "pwd" without the quote signs >> Click "Find Next".
- Your password will appear after the equal sign.
- If you look to the left on that same line you will also find the DB name, location and username.