The groupware functionality of the mail server includes several features for intra-office communication.
Specifically, we support shared mail folders, shared contacts, shared calendars and shared tasks.
Here are some helpful notes to get you started.
- Almost every feature can be shared with others within your organization.
- Sharing can be done on the default group called "everyone" as well as specific users.
- Your shared can be read-only, full control or availablity-only (Calendars).
- To find available shared resources, you need to choose "Open Shared" then choose the "Attach to Resource" option.
- From there, you can attach & detach resources.
- You can VIEW calendars and contacts (your own and shared) in your local MS Outlook on your computer.
- All items are READ ONLY.
- You will need a newer version of Outlook.
- Outlook Express is not compatible.
- No other email client software, we are aware of, is compatible.
- Your online calendars can be viewed in MS Outlook using the Outlook connector but are not editable.
- This is useful when a group calendar is required.
- When inviting attendees to an event you can check the availability for that user, provided the user has elected to share their calendar with you with at least "availability" privileges.
- Your online contacts can be viewed in your local MS Outlook using the Outlook connector but are not editable.
- This is useful when a group address book is required or when you have online contacts that have not been included locally.
Global Address List:
- The Global Address List is a list of INTERNAL USERS not a list contacts from each individual users.
- Tasks can be shared but are not viewable using the Outlook connector.
- Email filters can be shared but are not viewable using the Outlook connector. Alternatively, you can use download mail using POP3 or IMAP.
Also See: Email Settings POP3 / IMAP