Exchange Web Services (EWS) is a newer data synchronization protocol that seamlessly syncs SmarterMail messages, contacts and calendars with Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Mac, Microsoft Outlook 2012, and Apple Mail on Snow Leopard.
Follow these steps to set up Outlook to sync using Exchange Web Services:
- Open Outlook.
- Open the Outlook menu and select Preferences.
- Click the Accounts icon.
- Click the Exchange icon which will open a new window.
- Enter the users email address.
- Set the Method to "User Name and Password."
- Enter the full email address (e.g. email@example.com) as the username.
- Enter the associated password in the password field.
- Uncheck the Configure automatically checkbox.
- In the Server field, enter the URL used to connect to your WebMail. For example, http://mail.ephost.com
- Click Add Account.
Outlook is now configured to sync with SmarterMail. The initial sync may take a few minutes if there is a lot of data.
Also See: Email Settings POP3 / IMAP | Check email online | Email Troubleshooting | Adding an email to your hosting account WINDOWS / LINUX
If you are still having issues, please contact us for further help.
1-877-EPHOST1 | firstname.lastname@example.org