An auto-responder is a way to automatically reply to an email with a pre-defined message. This is also the same way you would setup a Vacation Message. When a user sends an email to this account, they will receive your pre-defined message automatically and you will also get a copy of their message in that email box. You would check email as normal. To cut down on unecessary emails, they will only receive your message once-per-day, per auto-responder.
Windows Hosting (or Shared Services) Account
- Login to your account (mail.ephost.com or mail.your-domain-name.ext)
- Click on the 'Hamburger Icon' (3 horizontal lines) in the top left of the screen
- Click on the 'Autoresponder' link
- Fill in your Subject and message
- Click the the switch on the right that says "Enable Autoresponder"
SUGGESTION - also Click the switch on the right that says "Limit responses to once daily"
HINT: Many forget to turn off their Autoresponder, so there is also a feature here to turn on "Only send between certain dates"
NOTE: Auto-responders will respond to anyone - including spammers. Often times the spammer will use a fake email address when sending email so your auto-responder will "bounce-back" with an error. Disregard these notices when using an auto-responder.
Linux Hosting Account
- Login to your EPhost account
- Click on the green "Control Panel" button
- Go to the 'EMAIL' Section
- Click on "Autoresponders"
- Select the Domain (you can select this while adding the autoresponder as well)
- Fill in the sections (notice that you can use tags, outlined below to assist in some automation)
- Click on Create/Modify to finish
HINT: Many forget to turn off their Autoresponder, so there is also a feature here to 'Start' and 'Stop' it on certain date and time
- %subject% - The subject of the message sent to the autoresponder.
- %from% - The name of the sender of the message received by the autoresponder, if available.
- %email% - The incoming email sender’s address.
Also See: Email Settings POP3 / IMAP | Check email online | Email Troubleshooting | Adding an email to your hosting account WINDOWS / LINUX
If you are still having issues, please contact us for further help.
1-877-EPHOST1 | email@example.com