Is your MS Outlook Sending duplicate messages or getting stuck in the Outbox?
Usually this happens when a message is unable to complete sending before the SMTP server closes the connection because the message is corrupted, too large, or that your Microsoft Outlook attempts to automatically check email before the message is done sending. It may also because by a virus scanner, spam scanner or firewall issue.
- Create a new mail message with NO attachments and try sending to see if there appears to be a problem or if duplicate items are being sent.
- Clear all items out of your Outbox by moving them to the drafts folder or deleting them. Likely one of these messages is causing a problem.
- Disable the integration of your virus scanner with Outlook, often this is the culprit.
- Click the Send & Receive to open the dialogue box and see if there are any errors. If you see several in there stating 'processing', the issue is it might be timing out. See step 4 to increase the send/receive interval
- Check your settings to make sure that you are NOT automatically checking emailing more often than every 5 minutes, change the send/receive interval.
- Outlook 2007 Tools >> Options >> Mail Setup >> Send & Receive
- Outlook 2010 & 2013 File >> Options >> Advanced >> Send & Receive
- Contact your email provider and double check incoming and outgoing (IMAP and SMTP) settings and the associated correct PORT numbers. If EPhost is your email provider, check out Knowledge base article "Important IP Addresses" at the bottom to make sure all your settings are correct. We recommend using IMAP over POP3.
- If none of the above works contact your email provider and ask them to delete and resetup your email with the same email address and PASSWORD.
If that doesn't work try the following:
- Run a complete virus scan.
- Temporarily disable 3rd party virus scanning, spam scanning or firewall software when sending email.
If you are still having issues, please contact us for further help.
1-877-EPHOST1 | firstname.lastname@example.org