Is your MS Outlook Sending duplicate messages or getting stuck in the Outbox?
Usually this happens when a message is unable to complete sending before the SMTP server closes the connection because the message is corrupted, too large, or that your Microsoft Outlook attempts to automatcially check email before the message is done sending. It may also because by a virus scanner, spam scanner or firewall issue.
- Clear all items out of your Outbox by moving them to the drafts folder or deleting them. Likely one of these messages is causing a problem.
- Hit Send & Receive and see if there are any errors. There should be none since you are not sending anything.
- Check your settings to make sure that you are NOT automatically checking emailing more often than every 5 minutes. If it's set to 1 minute or something, change it to every 5 minutes. See: Tools >> Options >> Mail Setup >> Send & Receive
- Create a new mail message with NO attachments and try sending to see if there appears to be a problem or if duplicate items are being sent.
- Contact your email provider and double check incoming and outgoing (POP and SMTP) settings and the associated correct PORT numbers.
- If none of the above works contact your email provider and ask them to delete and resetup your email with the same email address and PASSWORD.
If that doesn't work try the following:
- Run a complete virus scan.
- Temporarily disable 3rd party virus scanning, spam scanning or firewall software when sending email.