If you are unable to receive mail, you can usually resolve the problem by following one of the steps below.
- Temporarily disable your firewall (and/or Anti-Virus Program) and check your email again
- Recheck the Username (email/account) is spelled correctly as well as the password
- Check to make sure your Username (Account Name) is in this format: firstname.lastname@example.org and that you have specified the correct password.
- Check your Email Account Settings (port number settings)
- Knowledge Base links for popular email clients
If necessary, you may need to reset your email password by logging into your Control Panel.
HELPFUL TOOLS to Check Settings*
WHOIS by ICANN - When looking at your WhoIs data:
- Make sure the expiration date is in the future
- Look to make sure you see the correct name servers listed:
- ns1.ephost.com & ns2.ephost.com (Windows Plans)
- ns1.ep121.ephost.com & ns2.ep121.ephost.com (Linux Plans*)
- ns1.ep167.ephost.com & ns2.ep167.ephost.com (Linux Plans*)
- ns1.ep168.ephost.com & ns2.ep168.ephost.com (Linux Plans*)
- ns1.ep169.ephost.com & ns2.ep169.ephost.com (Linux Plans*)
- For the most up to date nameservers please see the "Important IP Addresses" Knowledgebase
MX Lookup Tool - Quickly look up information about a domains email configuration, see errors and settings
*EPhost is not an interest holder or affiliate of these websites.
Also See: Email Settings POP3 / IMAP | Check email online | Email Troubleshooting | Adding an email to your hosting account WINDOWS / LINUX
If you are still havig email troubles, please contact us for further help.