If you are unable to send mail but can receive mail OK, try the steps below to resolve the problem.
- Temporarily disable your firewall (and/or Anti-Virus Program) and check your email again
- Recheck the Username (email/account) is spelled correctly as well as the password
- Check to make sure your Username (Account Name) is in this format: user%domain_name.com and that you have specified the correct password.
- Check your Email Account Settings (port number settings)
- Knowledge Base links for popular email clients
- Many ISP's require that you use their SMTP servers. Contact your ISP or view their SMTP SETTINGS
- If you have been able to send mail in the past using mail.your_domain_name.com or mail.ephost.com - your ISP may have changed their policies without informing you.
If necessary, you may need to reset your email password by logging into your Control Panel.
HELPFUL TOOLS to Check Settings*
WHOIS by ICANN - When looking at your WhoIs data:
- Make sure the expiration date is in the future
- Look to make sure you see: ns1.ephost.com & ns2.ephost.com listed
MX Lookup Tool - Quickly look up information about a domains email configuration, see errors and settings
*EPhost is not an interest holder or affiliate of these websites.
Also See: Email Settings POP3 / IMAP | Check email online | Email Troubleshooting | Adding an email to your hosting account WINDOWS / LINUX
If you are still havig email troubles, please contact us for further help.